Monday 3 September 2012

Go to buy a blender, come home with 5.1 Surround Sound

Yesterday, me and my partner decided we should buy a good quality blender. So off we went, to Argos to see what selection they had. While looking and trying to decide, I thought "I think I will just look at home cinema systems...." I had a quick look around, mainly looking for 300W surround sound as this is pretty good quality.

I did see one, but I wasn't that much interested. So I closed the book and moved on to look at the clearance shelf while my other half continued to decide on a blender, while I was looking around the clearance stuff I saw the blender we were thinking of buying. So naturally, to save a job I grabbed it and headed back to where my lady was. At that point, she had also started to look at surround systems on the computer in store (not the book I looked in) and was checking out one for £115.... to my shock it was £15 more than the one I looked at but not 300W.... it was ONE THOUSAND WATTS!!! 



I almost died, especially when we noticed it said "was £179.99" and "1 left in stock". So I quickly started looking through the book again to confirm the price... once again shocked as the book said £189.99!

So we looked at each other.... then looked at the price.... then each other... then... well you get it.

So in the end, we bought the sucker. 1000W of pure joy, ready for my Xbox the next time I'm on ;).

Oh, we got a blender too.




On another note, since I couldn't buy SW: KOTOR collection in UK. I have just ordered it from amazon.com, some old fun will be released on my life again xD

No comments:

Post a Comment